Growing up my mom always made a special breakfast for Saturday mornings. It was always a wonderful way to get out of bed to the smells of pancakes & eggs or sausage & biscuits or french toast.
And I’ve carried the tradition on in my family. When we’re home on a Saturday morning, it’s big breakfast time.
So, on Saturday, I pulled out the recipe book my mom gave me and made her yummy cinnamon and nutmeg french toast. It just has a fourth a teaspoon of cinnamon and a dash of nutmeg, but the subtle two spices remind me of fall. So delicious!
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup of milk
- 1 tsp. sugar or honey
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon or less
- ¼ tsp. vanilla
- A dash of nutmeg
- A dash of salt
- Butter for frying
- 5-6 slices of bread
- Mix first 7 ingredients with a whisk or fork until well beaten.
- Heat frying pan or griddle to medium heat.
- Put in a slice of butter, moving it around in the pan until it melts.
- When melted, dip slices of bread into the mixture and place on the frying pan for a couple of minutes.
- When brown on bottom, lift out, add another piece of butter, and brown in the other side.
- Serve with maple syrup and powdered sugar.
Do you have big breakfast Saturdays or any other day of the week?
What’s your favorite big breakfast food?
You may also like …
Don’t miss out on the behind-the-scenes fun!
Click HERE to see where I party every week.
Get Instant Access to my Guide to Customize Your Home on a Budget
Grab your FREE guide for 10 Ways to Customize Your Home on a Budget: simple projects to transform your home from builder beige to a home with character and charm!