The beginning of summer makes me thirsty.
Well, more like the hot weather in the South drives me to drinking…
at least to always have a cold beverage within arm’s length.
I’ve admitted it before that I’m a drinker. I LOVE drinks. Not necessarily the spiked kind, but definitely most everything else.
And so when summer rolls around I’ve got to have a cold glass of lemonade. (Or sweet tea, or iced coffee, or a strawberry and banana smoothie… whatever floats my boat at the moment.)
Last summer I was testing out a new combination and love, love, loved the addition of lavender to my regular ol’ lemonade. And I’ll share my secret to making this the easy way!
Lavender Lemonade Ingredients:
1. 1 cup of sugar
2. 2.5 cups of water
3. 1 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice (I used 9 medium lemons)
4. 2-3 drops of Lavender essential oil (quality matters, so I would only recommend using therapeutic-grade essential oils that are safe for ingestion. I personally only use Young Living.)
5. 3-4 more cups of water
6. (optional: 1/4 cups of lavender buds to replace the lavender essential oil.)
1. Heat the sugar and 2.5 cups of water over low-medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
2. Remove syrup from heat and let cool for about 15-20 minutes, then add the lavender essential oil to taste. I used 3 drops, but if you want a more subtle taste, try 2 drops. You can always add more, but can’t take it out. 🙂
3. Pour into a large jug and top with lemon juice and the remaining water. I use 4 more cups of water, but add to your personal taste.
4. Chill until ready to drink
5. Optional: If you want to use lavender buds, you can use them in place of the essential oils. Just add 1/4 cup of lavender buds to the water/sugar mixture in step 2. Let it steep for 1 hour, then strain out the buds and finish with steps 3 and 4.
Yields ~2 quarts.
Note: Lavender and Lemon are two of my very favorite essential oils. Come find out how I use them:
Don’t miss out on the behind-the-scenes fun!
This post is sponsored by my YL. I love having natural options and these essential oils have helped my family tremendously in our pursuit of natural wellness. They are also my business and are so well-loved that they sponsor my blog!! Enroll by clicking here.
I’m giving away a special freebie this month when you enroll. Click the image for more info: