While handlettered designs are trendy, they have been around for a while and I believe they are here to stay! I love to tell part of my family’s story by decorating with typography and gorgeous handlettering plays a huge role in that. It’s just so pretty!
And here’s the thing. There are ways to decorate with it on the cheap. I’ll share more about that at the end of the post, but first, here are 10 inspirational handlettered designs that I love! This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. See my full disclosure policy here.
Farm to Table and Table to Soul from Lindsay Letters
Open House Sign from SHEdesigned
Handlettered Laundry Free Printable from One Project Closer The Better Half
Hand lettered pantry labels from The Creativity Exchange
I Love Jesus, but I Cuss a Little from bezelel and babel
For Unto Us a Child is Born Handlettering from Miss Mustard Seed
Our Wi-Fi Password printable from Angela Marie Made (isn’t this genius?!)
We Rise by Lifting Others from House of Belonging
What are your thoughts? Do you think handlettering is just a trend or do you think it’s a design element that is here to stay?
How to Create Your Own Handlettered Home Decor
I frequently get asked about my own handlettering (featured in the pillow and chalkboard above) and have never known how to help people with it because I took a local class a few years ago. I don’t know a ton, but I love to practice and play around with it!
But now I have a fun course to share with you if you’re interested in learning how to handletter yourself! Think of it as a stress-relieving activity that you can do, all while making decor for your home. That’s the best of all the worlds!
My friend Jocie just released her e-course: The Busy Girl’s Guide to Handlettering. It covers all the basics you need and then some! I love that she shares how to use your creations to create pretty home decor like wooden signs, coffee mugs and flower pots!
And let me tell you, it’s cheaper than the local class I took AND you get so much more in her course than I did. Oh … and she gives you practice sheets, which I’ve never had before and are worth the whole price of the course. Seriously!
Here’s what you need to know…
The Busy Girl’s Guide to Handlettering: $39
- A simple course for beginners who want practical tutorials for how to turn your handlettered designs into home decor! (This is my favorite part!)
- A basic tool buyer’s guide, plus more advanced tools to purchase when you know you’ll love to handletter!
- Avoid the overwhelm of not knowing how to personalize your home on a budget. Quickly create art that is meaningful to you!
- You must have a desire to be creative and to learn a fun and stress-relieving hobby (or business).
- Practice sheets for building your muscle memory!!!! (I never got these from my $50 class!) Oh, and you can print as many as you’d like for … well, ever!
- Short video tutorials that can be stopped and replayed as many times as you want!
- Lifetime access to review at your leisure!
- An EXCLUSIVE Facebook group with other Handlettering junkies and Jocie! (So you can ask her all of your follow-up questions.)
- and more!!
If you are just starting out and want to learn the basics of handlettering or want to turn your handlettering into home decor, then this course is for you.
Get Instant Access to my Guide to Customize Your Home on a Budget
Grab your FREE guide for 10 Ways to Customize Your Home on a Budget: simple projects to transform your home from builder beige to a home with character and charm!