Happy Monday, y’all!
I like to cook and I cook a lot. But I don’t cook all these cutesy little desserts or anything gourmet. It’s usually the hearty family favorites like chicken pot pie, chicken tortilla soup or … lasagna.
I did make a little twist to this lasagna recipe. I’ll be honest and tell you that this recipe started because Coach and I were on a no-carb kick for a while earlier this year. I basically just switched out the noodles with zucchini. We’ve since added some carbs back, but I’ve kept this great recipe. Because I love sneaking in veggies when I can, and we honestly can’t taste the difference.
I also hope that if Miss A grows up on zucchini lasagna, then she’ll never really know otherwise. Until, of course, she eats someone else’s full carb lasagna and loves it. 🙂 But until then, I’ll keep sneaking in the zucchini.
I get 2 medium or 3 small zucchini and that usually covers the lasagna. I throw them into my food processor and slice them up pretty thin. I think if they were big slices, they might not get soft enough when you cook it. Thin slices are the way to go!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 32 oz. can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley
- 2 medium, or 3 small zucchini, sliced thin
- 12 oz. cottage cheese
- 2 Tbsp. parsley
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cups Mozzarella cheese
- Brown meat in with onion and garlic powders. Driain.
- Add tomatoes, basil, oregano, parley and pepper. Simmer for 1 hour until thickened.
- Combine cottage cheese, parsley and Parmesan cheese.
- Spread a little sauce on the bottom of 9x13 baking dish
- Layer half the zucchini, half the cottage cheese mixture, half the mozzarella and half the meat.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
- Let stand 10-15 minutes before cutting.
Don’t miss out on the behind-the-scenes fun!
Click HERE to see where I party every week.
Get Instant Access to my Guide to Customize Your Home on a Budget
Grab your FREE guide for 10 Ways to Customize Your Home on a Budget: simple projects to transform your home from builder beige to a home with character and charm!