InstaStory Faves (scroll right or left; click pic to see details):
Yay!! It’s HERE! The most amazing clothes and beauty sale of the year is live! It’s finally time to shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Early Access 2019 for cardholders and I’m so excited! If you’re not a card holder, you can get one here. (Public access for non-card holders starts on July 19.)
Color Block Sweater | Button Fly Skinny Jeans | Sleeveless Top | Cardigan | Leopard Print Mule | Joggers | Diffuser | Wedge Booties | Hair Products | Eye Palette | Wedge Sneakers | Pillow | Brow Duo | Candle | Camo Sweatshirt | Pajama Set | Paper Towel Holder | Sunglasses | Beauty Blenders | Hunter Boots | Lip Set | Cable Knit Throw
I’ve come to love this sale because I’ve gotten some fabulous deals, which have been the best staples in my closet. So, I really think it’s a great sale to shop!
There’s a lot of stuff to share, so here’s what we’ll cover:
– Tips for Shopping the Sale
– My Top Picks of the Sale – absolute favorites, no fluff, just the best deals
– EVERYTHING I LOVE by Category – alllll the deals that caught my eye!
– Why I LOVE shopping the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale (#NSale)
– What is the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale & What does it mean to be a Cardholder?
– #NSale Sale Dates
Tips for Shopping the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale
- Have a Budget. It’d be so easy to get caught up in the drama of it all and just splurge on all the things. Set a limit and stick to it.
- Pull out your fall and winter wardrobe and find the holes you need to fill? Do you need a new pair of booties or a sweater? Did you forget you already have 5 cardigans? It’s helpful to take a look at it all first so you don’t overspend.
- Shop early the first day of the sale and place your order online. If you’re not sure about sizing, order two and send back the one that doesn’t work. They
- If you are using the Nordstrom card, make sure to select for it to be your double points day so you early 2x the points on your purchases.
- Shop the most coveted brands first to stave off sell-out-itis. 😂 These are: Adidas | Anastasia Beverly Hills | Barefoot Dreams |Charlotte Tilbury | Hunter Boots | Madewell | Nike | The North Face | Patagonia | Steve Madden | UGG | Vince Camuto | Zella
- Then shop the most coveted sections of the sale: Women’s Jeans / Women’s Shoes and Booties / Beauty. This is why I’ve listed these first in the section below.
My Top Picks from the Nordstrom Sale
I’m just a regular mom who decided a couple of years ago that I was going to start loving my body and dressing it in nice, cute clothes. Read more of that journey here. So this isn’t a fashionista’s picks, but a girl who wants to look comfy, but cute when picking up the kids from school and a little dressed up on date nights.
I don’t get any kind of extra early access and I don’t even live near a Nordstrom. But these are the things that caught my eye, that are good quality staples for your closet and will help you look and feel your best, too! Best thing is, Nordstrom has a free shipping/free returns policy, so it’s no problem to grab something and try it on at home! Happy Shopping!
Clothing Faves // Things I Own, Bought & Wishlist
I’ve tried to narrow it down to my top thing in each clothing category. Scroll down to the “Everything I Love by Category” section to see more of each!
- Madewell Jeans – My favorite jeans and the same style I bought at the last NSale is back in the sale. These live up to the hype and you own it to yourself to try them. I’m a 32 or 33 in jeans and order a 32 in these.
- Barefoot Dreams Circle Cardigan – Another favorite from last year that I wore all the time! I love the scoop front, because it feels like pajamas, but looks nice with skinny jeans or leggings. LOVE this!!
- Barefoot Dreams Lite Cardigan – Bought this one, because I’m intrigued by the thin cardigan and short sleeves. I plan on pairing with a long-sleeved tee for the fall and winter!
- Hooded Cardigan – I loved this one from last year’s sale! Scroll to the bottom of this post to see me wearing it.
- V-Neck Sweater – There are some great sweaters in the sale this year (see more below in the “Everything I Love by Category” section. But this one is for sure coming home with me! Love that yellow for a pop of color in the winter!
- Printed Sweatshirt – I bought 2 of these last year, because they are comfy, lightweight and cute! Perfect paired with skinny jeans and sneakers. I sized up last to XXL for a looser fit. I’ll probably get an XL this year since I’ve lost some weight.
- Printed Sleeveless Top – It may feel late in the game to buy a breezy sleeveless top right now, but these are gorgeous!! Perfect for wearing under a jacket and transitioning into fall.
- Pajamas – I have recently realized I’m almost 40 and need some actual pajamas instead of just my husband’s oversized t-shirts. 😂 So, I ordered these. Heard they feel amazing!
Boots & Shoes Faves // Things I Own, Bought & Wishlist
- Wedge Bootie – This year’s version of my favorite booties from last year are so cute & come in great colors. I bought two pairs last year and wore them for church, date nights and girls’ nights out. You can’t go wrong with the antique green, black, sesame or snakeskin. (Do I dare get the snakeskin pair this year?!)
- Wedge Sneaker – I love a wedge bootie so much, that I bought these wedge sneakers! A fun way to still be casual, yet trendy. This is another zipper style wedge sneaker that will sell out quickly.
- UGG Slippers – I LOVE my UGG slippers and you cannot go wrong with this brand for keeping your tootsies toasty in the winter.
- Hunter Rain Boots – So many options for this classic rain boot are in the sale this year! Yay! Click each one to shop that style: Tall Glossy Boots, Short Glossy Boots, Short Matte Boots (I got these!), Glossy Ankle Boots & Matte Ankle Boots.
- Madewell Calf-Hair Mule – A great way to add a pop of comfy trendiness to your outfit!
- Classic Neutral Ankle Bootie – Can’t go wrong with this classic style!
- Adidas Swift Run Sneaker – These tennis shoes are hot and I bought them as soon as the sale opened!
- Classic Knee-High Boot – It’s the perfect boot for above-the-knee dresses!
- Western Bootie – In case you need to go boot scootin’!
Beauty Faves // Tried & True and Want to Try
- Anastasia Brow Duo – I shared the Brow Wiz in my May Favorites and the brow gel will keep it all in place!
- Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Lip Kit – I have the lip liner and it’s the perfect nude-pink shade!
- Bumble and Bumble Invisible Oil Primer – I’ve used this primer on the roots-mid-shaft of my hair for 6 months and I love it for keeping my hair healthy and shiny in the summer! Can’t wait to try the other summer faves, too!
- Oribe Texture Spray and Dry Shampoo – I’ve wanted to try a texture spray for a while now, and have heard huge praise for this one. Why not try the dry shampoo while I’m at it?
- Charlotte Tilbury Smoky Eye Palette – These colors look gorgeous! And come highly recommended!
- Makeup Sponge Set with Case – I’ve been wanting a good beauty blender with a case for a while!
Home Decor Faves // My Top Wishlist
- Barefoot Dreams Throw Blanket – I love my cardigans, so it’s time to bring the comfort to the couch! These make perfect gift options, too!
- Cable Knit Throw Blanket – These are great for adding coziness and texture to your sofa in the fall and winter. I picked up this green shade for such a great price!
- Nubby Throw Pillow – Such a cute pillow with tons of texture and block-print style.
- Neutral Vintage-Style Rug – I wish this one came in a bigger size, and if it did I’d snag it for my bedroom. It’s an amazing price point and gorgeous!
- Gold and Wood Paper Towel Holder – Isn’t this just gorgeous? We need a new paper towel holder, so this caught my eye.
- Marble and Wood Cheese Board – Such a pretty cheese board for hosting parties!
- Iridescent Candle – Love the color and the scent is one of my faves!
- Diffuser – I love to diffuse essential oils, but not all diffusers are this pretty. This one is both pretty and functional!
- Candle Set – I’ve heard rave reviews, and after reading about the scents, I put them in my cart, too! Yummy!
Everything I Love By Category
Shoes, Boots & Booties
Jeans & Pants
Tops & Sweaters
I recently bought these sunglasses in the gold mirror and LOVE them! I bought the other pair today because I love them so much!
Beauty & Body Care
Why I Love Shopping the #NSale
I only started shopping at Nordstrom (during the Anniversary Sale) in 2017 when I heard about it from every blogger/Instagrammer ever. What was all this fuss about? I bought a couple things (like my favorite winter cardigan) and was intrigued by the deep discounts for newly released clothes.
Since I do 95% of my shopping online, I LOVE their free shipping/free returns policy. It’s so easy to try on clothes and send them back if they don’t work out. Tip: I often order 2 sizes and send back the one that doesn’t work. So, I love shopping Nordstrom. (The closest store is 2 hours from me, so I’m limited to online shopping unless I’m in Nashville or Atlanta.)
Then in 2018, I went all in. I got the credit card in order to shop the early access sale. I bought my first pair of Madewell jeans last year (included in the sale again this year!!). And have since bought 4 more pairs – yes, they are THAT good. See my most recent Instagram Stories all about my GO TO summer Madewell jeans, which are also on sale.
What is the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale?
In short, it’s THE sale event of the year for clothing and beauty favorites. It’s Nordstrom’s biggest sale of the year featuring new fall clothing styles, accessories and shoes plus some beauty and home deals. These must-have fall and winter staples will be at their lowest prices of the year, so it’s a great time to buy ahead of the season.
Once the sale is over, everything goes back up to full price.
The Sale always opens first to Card holders a week before Public Access opens. In the past, many of the hottest items have sold out in the first day of the cardholder’s sale. If you’ve been eyeing a hot item for a while and want to make sure you grab it, it might be worth it to get a Nordstrom Card as the hottest items sell out before Public Access starts on July 19th.
Note: I don’t necessarily recommend the credit card if you’re going to buy things you wouldn’t normally buy or that you can’t pay off immediately. Know yourself and don’t go into debt for some jeans. But if you’re able to show some self control and not overspend, then it’s a great way to get some good deals before they sell out.
When is the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale?
July 12th – Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Early Access (cardholders only)
July 18th – Last day of Early Access
July 19th – Nordstrom Anniversary Sale opens to the Public
August 4th – Last Day of the 2019 Anniversary Sale
The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2018
Written in July 2018: So, there’s this tiny little sale going on right now over at Nordstrom. Well, you may of heard of it before, but seeing as I’m always late to the party, it’s not surprising that I was oblivious until just last year. Every year Nordstrom throws a big ol’ sale for their anniversary.
I’m usually not one to jump on band wagons. I like to take my time and see if something is a good deal or just a bunch of hubbub. After shopping online at Nordstrom for the past year as I’ve started to dress my body for how it is and not how I want it to be – and I’ve come to love the store! They sell a ton of high end, quality brands and they always offer free shipping and free returns. I do 95% of my clothes shopping online, so that is a huge plus in my book.
So this year I’ve been eyeing some of the sale posts going around and picked out my favorites! I even signed up for their Nordstrom Card in order to have access to the pre-sale for card members only. (Going on until July 19th and then it opens up to the public on July 20th.)
But here’s a little tip! Once you get into the sale with your Nordstrom card, you can then switch the payment to a different card so you don’t have to use credit if you don’t want to.
The benefit for getting into the sale early is that obviously some items will sell out quickly. I wanted a pair of jeans and had them in my cart the first morning of the sale. But I didn’t get around to ordering them until that evening and they were sold out already. Womp. Womp.
So, if you see something you want, jump on it! You can always return it.
I hope that some of the sold out items will come back in stock before the end of the sale, but I’m not sure. The best place to follow me for up-to-the-minute stock updates are on Instagram Stories @turquoisehome (the highlighted circle around my picture on my profile or in the circles/bubbles at the top of my profile).
I picked out some of my favorite fall staples! If I could load up my cart with anything I wanted, this would be it! (P.S. The majority of this stuff is on its way to my house. 😜)
Floral Sweatshirt – This is my favorite item in the whole sale and I can’t wait to wear it this fall! It’s super thin, almost like t-shirt material, but really soft. So, it’s perfect for a transitional piece in the fall. Here in the south it doesn’t get too cold, so I will be wearing this all winter long, too. I love a sweatshirt that looks nice, so you feel like you’re wearing PJ’s, but look put together. 😉
Earrings – I couldn’t pass these up for dressing up a plain shirt and jeans! I bought the blue/turquoise color (of course) and they come in 2 more colors!
Gray Hoodie – This athlesiure wear is so comfy and soft. I’m normally an XL, but they only had an XXL in stock. I think it fit me pretty well, so maybe size up 1 if you don’t want it to be too tight.
Jeans – I’ve wanted to try these Madewell jeans on for forever and finally tried them on in the store. I like them and they fit true to size, but I’m not sure if I would keep them since I don’t really need a new pair of jeans. But if you’re looking for a good quality skinny jean, these are great!
(As I write this they are sold out online, but keep checking back as I know they try to restock items during the sale. Follow me on Instagram Stories to get notified when they come back in stock!)
Wedge Booties – These looked too cute to pass up as a fall staple. I’ve got some booties, but not a wedge, so I’m excited for them to arrive! I’ll come and update this once I’ve tried them on!
Overnight Bag – Love the blue stripes, of course!
Cropped Leggings – I’ve heard RAVE reviews about these leggings for years, but never wanted to pay full price. I ordered them in the regular length and went 1 size up (XXL) and really liked them when I tried them on in the store. (The cropped leggings were just a bit snug on my larger calves, but if you have regular sized calves, they would be fine!)
Gray Cardigan – I bought a Barefoot Dreams cardigan last fall (also gray) and I lived in it! Seriously, just pair it with some leggings and a tunic and it feels like you’re wearing pajamas and a blanket. I bought this one in cream!
Brow Pencil and Mascara – The whole brow craze is a little much for me, but sometimes I like to fill in my brows a little bit. This pencil is the best one I’ve tried for adding depth, but not overdoing it, and also doesn’t damage the brows I do have! This set us a tiny bit more expensive than the pencil is regular price, so consider it a bonus mascara for the price of the pencil.
Cream Cardigan – Just being honest, when I heard that this item tends to sell out quickly I kind of wondered why. It didn’t look all that great online. But then I tried it on in the store and I immediately knew why! It’s super comfortable and fits great. I think it looks great on as well. I tried the XL and it was plenty roomy. I would get the XL, but maybe size down if you’re in between sizes.
Simply click & scroll the images below to shop!
Shop the Nordstrom Sale Home Department
I also combed through the home department and found my favorites! I love the Barefoot Dreams throw blanket. The sweaters feel amazing, so I’d love to wrap up in one on the couch.
Let me know if you have any questions! And happy shopping!