Have I told you lately that you are awesome!?
Seriously, THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for taking my reader’s survey last week. (If you didn’t get in on the fun, then I’d love to get your opinions here!)
I have only conducted one other reader survey since I started the blog, but both times I’ve been floored by how genuinely nice and sweet you ladies are. And I can say ladies, because every single person who took the survey was a lady. I figured as much, but you never know! There my be some men lurking around The Turquoise Home – and if you are, then you’re welcome here, too!
I want to share about your responses and some changes that are coming here at The Turquoise Home very soon, but first – the winner of the $50 Target gift card!!
And without further ado … the winner IS ….
Jenna H. – YAY!!!
Jenna, I’ve sent you an e-mail, so please respond within the next 24 hours. 🙂
OK, now on to the fun results and to share some of your sweet comments and questions. I loved, loved, loved, hearing from y’all.
2016 Reader’s Survey Results | Nerd Alert
Male or Female? – All the ladies. Throw your hands up!
How old are y’all? – This one surprised me the most! I don’t know if it’s because this age group may have more free time, so they have more time to take my survey, but here’s the breakdown of ages:
According to my Google Analytics, most of my readers fall into the 25-44 age range, but the survey was much different. No matter, really. I’m just glad you’re here and want to be my friend! 🙂
Education? No surprises here. My stats have always said that I have a well-educated audience. I mean, of course, right? Y’all are smart ladies! *wink*
Marital Status/Home Status/Decor Budget? The majority of you are married (79%) homeowners (90%) and 78% of you having less than $300 to spend on home decor every 3 months. Sounds about like me! I bet that’s why we’re such good friends.
Kids and Work? Of those of you who took the survey, many of you have grown kids and work outside of the home.
How’d you find me? 46% of you found me through Pinterest and 34% of you found me through someone else’s blog. I’m so glad you found this little corner of the blogosphere.
How do you want to communicate with me? It’s no surprise that my e-mail VIP friends filled out the survey, so the majority of you like to communicate through e-mail. I like it that way too. And always feel free to just hit reply and ask me or tell me anything. I love that! (If you’re not a VIP, then sign up here!)
What type of posts do you love?
- DIY Projects (yay, me too!!)
- Home Decor (and this one’s my other fave!)
- Crafts (I like to do a few crafts here and there.)
- Recipes (I love sharing my favorite, simple ways to feed my family.)
- Family/Life (with a little bit of life sprinkled in…)
What do you want to see more of?
- Home Decor
- DIY Projects
- Giveaways (noted 🙂 )
Sweet Reader Responses
And now for your super sweet responses. I LOVED reading them all. I’m always afraid I’ll get a bunch of complaints, but you were so nice! Who doesn’t want to read nice things about herself?
What Do You Like About My Blog?
These were some common themes you mentioned about The Turquoise Home. It’s a little awkward to talk about what you like about me, but I’m grateful for your kindness!:
- Easy to read – Aww, thanks!
- My decor style – I’m blushing.
- Down to earth, genuine and sincere. – Thanks y’all! I love to write about my real life and to give an honest account of what I’m doing in our home. We are a real family living in a very middle class budget. I’m so glad that comes across through the screen. That made my day!
- Realistic and easy projects – My favorite!
- Budget-friendly – always.
- “I feel like I know you! You seem down to earth and I love your decorating style!”
- “Love farmhouse style and beachy style” – I’m starting to think my style is something like “coastal farmhouse.”
- “The DIY ideas are usually something I think I could do and want to try.”
- “You sound like a Real Person!” – I loved this one especially, because I AM a real person. 🙂
- “I’m not good with words; I like your blog, that’s all.” – So cute!
- “Like having a cup of coffee with your best friend!” – That’s how I think about y’all! Like I’m sitting down with my best friend at Starbucks. And I’m usually drinking coffee while I’m writing to you. See, almost the same.
How Can I Make My Blog Better?
So many of you said that everything is great, which was so sweet. And some people elaborated a little more about what they’d like to see different. I’m writing this for you, after all, so I love to hear your honest thoughts!
- “More decorating posts!” – Gotcha! I’ve got some BIG plans for lots of decorating content coming soon!
- “Outdoor decor ideas, please.” I’ve got a few outdoor decor and DIY projects stuck in my back pocket. Pallet projects, anyone?
- “More turquoise and beach decor.” – Summer is coming, y’all! There will be more!
- “It would be helpful to add ideas that people who rent, can do to add things to the home that isn’t going to alter the home/apartment itself.” – I love that someone threw this out there. Since the majority of my readers are homeowners and I am a homeowner, I tend to stick to more permanent ideas. But my friend, Chelsea, is great at DIY projects that are rental-friendly. If you want rental decor ideas, check her out at Making Home Base.
- Some of you mentioned pop up ads and slow loading time. I try to keep the ads minimal, but I do have them in order to make this my part-time job. But please, if there is ever an ad that is offensive or too big or too loud, please shoot me an e-mail and let me know! Sometimes I just don’t see them and don’t know unless you tell me! AND I am working on the speed of my site. I know it is terribly slow and I’m trying to fix that! Sometimes the technical stuff is still quite a bit over my head.
Favorite Blogs to Read (other than mine, of course!)
I thought this would be fun, just to see what other blogs you’re reading. Some of them you mentioned are my very favorites and I’m honored to be mentioned in the same company as these wonderful ladies. So, if you are looking for some new blogs to enjoy, your peers recommend:
- Craftberry Bush
- Thrifty Decor Chick
- Sawdust Girl
- Thistlewood Farms
- Emily A. Clark
- Centsational Girl
- Worthing Court
- The Frugal Homemaker
- Dear Lillie
- Designer Trapped in a Lawyer’s Body
- Just a Girl and Her Blog
- The Idea Room
- Sand & Sisal
- Miss Mustard Seed
- Finding Home Farms
- There were a ton more, but those were the first few, so I stuck with those!
That should keep you reading for a while. 🙂 Speaking of reading, this is getting really long. We’re almost done!
What is One Area of Your Life That Has the Greatest Need Right Now?
- Organization! (and it’s cousins decluttering and purging) – Y’all. So many of you said this, so I’m happy that I’ll be continuing with my Kon Mari posts. I’m almost done tackling the papers in my home. They are so very painful. But almost there. And then we’ll talk more about organization!
- TONS of decorating issues, like …
- how to not have 300 projects going on at once
- have time to do my projects
- renovating and updating my home
- budget home decor
- decorating a smaller space
- decor style for a new house
- how to get out of decor ruts
- motivation to decorate
- Sleep Training – haha!! Exhausted mamas unite! (Hang in there, girl!)
- Time Management – we ALL need this.
More to Come …
Who is still with me?!? I mean, girl! That was a lot of stuff. If you waded through all of that, then thank you! It may be interesting to some (nerdy people like me) and others might have just skipped down to this part.
Since this was soooo long and I feel like we need to take a break until later, I’ll be back with some exciting news about the future of The Turquoise Home at the end of this week. Don’t worry, I’m not going anywhere. It’s just going to get better! (NOTE: there’s a clue in this post somewhere. Does anybody have any guesses?! Hit reply and tell me!)
I mean this from the absolute bottom of my heart – I am so grateful for you ladies who tune in to read every week. I’m ever thankful for your loyalty and kindness to me as your Internet friend. It’s truly a joy to share my heart and my home with you all!
Get Instant Access to my Guide to Customize Your Home on a Budget
Grab your FREE guide for 10 Ways to Customize Your Home on a Budget: simple projects to transform your home from builder beige to a home with character and charm!