Do you have a young elementary-age girl to buy a gift for? Maybe it’s your own daughter, your niece, or just a friend, we’ve got you covered with some of the year’s most popular toys as well as surest hits! Be sure to check out our complete list of Gift Guides to help buy gifts for everyone on your list!
So, if you know me at all, then you know that I have two precious little girls, so my life is full of baby dolls and Barbies, shopkins, American Girl dolls and stuffed animals. Did I mention dolls? We also are obsessed with play kitchens and real kitchens and baking and all of the girly things you could ever imagine.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. See my full disclosure policy.
The Best Gifts for Elementary-Aged Girls
1. Baking Apron – I don’t know about your kiddos, but mine love to spend quality time with me in the kitchen. We have matching aprons that my sister-in-law made for us, but if you don’t have an awesome SIL to make yours, these are the next best thing! Give her the gift of quality time with you (with cute matching aprons)! And if you’re not a baker, the Easy Bake Oven works just as well! 😉 Girls’ Apron | Apron for Mom or Grandma
Tip: Grab her a cooking set and an apron for the perfect gift set for a budding cook.
2. Ticket to Ride (First Journey) – Our family loves all of the versions of this game and ours girls love to play this one!
3. Unicorn Squishmallow – A soft and cuddly unicorn is the gift my girls always love!
4. Fluffy Slime Kit – The perfect gift for a girl who loves making slime! Filled with 25 pieces of everything you need to make slime that looks like cute ice cream cones in all of your favorite ice cream colors & scents! My girls would LOVE this!
5. Pajamas – We always get the girls PJ’s at Christmas. First, because they always seem to need some new winter pj’s this time of year. And secondly, we (or really just me 😜) love giving them matching pj’s at Christmas for cute Christmas morning pics! I couldn’t resist these adorable Santa pajamas!
6. Kindle Fire Tablet – I have heard over and over and over again that this is THE best tablet for kids. Everyone I know says it’s SO much better than handing their kiddo an iPad. So, guess what my girls got last year? 😁 The perks are hands-down the best parental controls out there, the open app platform (you can add and delete apps at your choosing) and the 2-year no-questions-asked replacement policy. We use them all the time!
7. Maxi Kick Scooter – These scooters are the best scooters for kids on the market and worth every penny. I did my research two years ago and got one for my 6-year-old and she rides it every day! The 2 front wheels make it easy to maneuver. It also has technology that uses the child’s body weight to turn it instead of just turning the wheel. This teaches them how to turn a bike as well! Awesome! We got my youngest daughter the Micro Mini Kick Scooter for Christmas last year, so they ride together all the time now! (They rides up and down the halls of the house during the winter and the wheels don’t leave any residue on the floors. I love them for getting a little exercise in the colder months.)
8. Little Live Pet Pig – My girls are obsessed with any kind of interactive pet toy, and this little pig is super popular this year! They love all of their “Little Live” pets.
9. Books – Reading is always something we want to encourage in our girls. As we are in the midst of learning to read, good books that keep my daughter’s interest are so valuable.
- Our favorite night time story is Sisters First. If you have more than 1 girl, this book is essential. We’ve read it so many times.
- We’ve fallen in love with the Magic Treehouse series. These beginner chapter books are great for the emerging reader!
- We also love the spunky Junie B. Jones books that she can now read on her own.
10. Karaoke Microphone – My daughter has been begging for a microphone for years. I finally got her this one a few years ago after doing tons of research. I love that this one syncs to the iPhone through and app and allows her to sing her favorite songs. It’s still going strong 4 years later!
11. Sleeping Bag – This age is when kiddos start to gain some independence and sleep over at friend’s houses or go to Grandma’s house for the weekend. Send her off in style with an adorable animal sleeping bag with a built-in pillow! Aren’t these darling?!?
12. Jewelry Box – What better way to preserve her budding jewelry collection than with this gorgeous keepsake jewelry box?
13. Lego Vidiyo Candy Castle Stage – This is a great gift for girls who like to build AND take videos! This candy castle set can connect to an app for fun special effects on their videos.
14. Paint a Rock Pet – I know that painting rocks has become popular of late. But what about painting a rock pet that looks like an actual pet? So fun for the artsy girl!
15. Play Makeup – My girls loooove to get into my makeup and play with it. But that’s not always my favorite thing for them to do. Now they can pretend to put on makeup with play makeup that looks very realistic!
16. Pop It Bracelets – First it was fidget spinners, then it was the reversible sequins and now it’s the pop it craze! Do your kids love these like my kids do? Now, they can wear them on their wrists!
17. Disney ILY Dolls & Accessories – If your girl loves all things Disney and dolls, you have to get her one of these ILY dolls. They are so cute and their accessories are adorable, too! My youngest got a doll and accessory pack this year and is so obsessed!
I know that any girl on your list will love these gifts, so purchase with confidence! Happy shopping!
Which gift is your favorite?
If you have a favorite that’s not listed here, let us know in the comments!