Fall is an amazing time to transform your home. It’s hands down my favorite season to decorate. I love after a long, hot summer, the days getting crisper and cooler. We break out the boots. Football is on all day Saturday, so we spend time together as a family and eat delicious food. The leaves turn gorgeous colors and I’m in awe of the beauty around us.
Something about the fall just cozily shouts family, good food, wonderful sights, tastes and smells. Maybe it’s the time leading up to Thanksgiving? All I know is that it’s just wonderful. When I was younger, I said spring was my favorite season, but it has quickly become fall in recent years.
But sometimes when it comes to decorating for a holiday or season, I find myself trying to figure out where to start. I want my home to be beautiful and festive, but not cheesy, you know? There’s a lot of cheese out there, and I could just go buy it all up and throw it all over my house. But I’d rather take a more subtle and beautiful direction with my home.
Here are some of my favorite ways to decorate for my favorite season …
1. Chalkboard: can translate into any season, but I really love it for Fall
2. Leaves & Sticks: bring the outdoors in
3. Pumpkins & Gourds: obviously
4. Apples: fresh and seasonal
5. Burlap: nubby, cozy and textured
6. Mums: beautiful autumn hues
7. Acorns & Pinecones: once again, bring the outdoors in
8. Fresh pillow covers: quickly changes the feel of the room
9. Mercury glass: rustic glam (or farm sexy, as we call it around here)
10. Rustic, wooden elements: warm fall textures and colors
11. Books: in fall colors, invite you to cozy up and read by the fire
Hopefully this round-up will get your creative juices flowing. Don’t forget when decorating for the seasons to always shop your house first! Try out old items in unexpected ways. For instance, I had everything on my mantel except for the faux pumpkin and the pinecone filler, which cost me about $7 at Hobby Lobby. Bringing fall decor into your home doesn’t have to be expensive!
And trust me, you’ll want to follow my Fall Decor board on Pinterest. I’ve been pinning fall inspiration like crazy and will keep it up. So stay inspired!
Happy Fall, y’all!
Don’t miss out on the behind-the-scenes fun!
Click HERE to see where I party every week.